Slim Forte and Meizitang Botanical Slimming Recalls
|Date:||July 25, 2011|
|What:||Slim Forte Slimming Capsules
Slim Forte Slimming Coffee
Meizitang Botanical Slimming Soft Gel
|Why:||Contains sibutramine a controlled substance|
Intercharm is recalling Slimforte Slimming Capsules, Slimforte Slimming Coffee, and Botanical Slimming Soft Gel. FDA laboratory analyses found the products to contain Sibutramine an appetite suppressant. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was withdrawn from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons.
- Slim Forte Slimming Capsules is packaged in a green box with a picture of a woman on the front. The box has pink, blue, and green text. The box contains 30 capsules.
- Slim Forte Slimming Coffee is packaged in a green box with a picture of a woman on the front. The box has pink, blue, and green text. The box contains 10 packets of instant coffee.
- Meizitang Botanical Slimming Soft Gel is packaged in a green package/pouch with green background and a picture of a woman on front. The package has yellow, white, and black text. The pouch contains 3 blister packs of 12 each 650 mg softgel capsules.
Products containing Sibutramine pose a threat to consumers because Sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias or stroke. These products may also interact in life threatening ways with other medications a consumer may be taking. Intercharm Inc. has not received any reports of adverse events related to this recall.
These products are sold as dietary supplements and marketed for weight loss. The products included in this recall are:
- Slim Forte Slimming Capsule, Batch No. 20100928, Best By 09.27.2012 and Batch No. 20100604, Best By 06.03.2012;
- Slim Forte Slimming Coffee, Batch No. 20100903, Best By 09.02.2012;
- Meizitang Botanical Slimming Soft Gel, Lot Code 12.24.2009, Best By 12.23.2011.
The above products were distributed through the internet nationwide and internationally to Ireland.
Consumers should stop using these products immediately and return to the place of purchase. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects should consult a health care professional as soon as possible.
Any questions related to this recall should be directed to Intercharm at (323) 876-7441, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Eastern time.
Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA’s MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program by:
- Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm
- Fax: 800-FDA-0178
- Phone: 800-FDA-1088
- Regular Mail: use postage-paid FDA form 3500 available at www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm and mail to:
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20852-9787
Consumers with questions about food safety can Ask Heidi, a certified food safety professional.