Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Hannaford, Food Lion Taco Dinner Kits Allergy Alert and Recall
|Date:||April 13, 2012|
|What:||Taco Dinner Kits|
|Why:||Milk allergen not declared on the labels|
|Scope:||Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Hannaford, Food Lion|
Mission Foods announced a recall of its Taco Dinner Kits distributed by Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Hannaford, and Food Lion because they may contain undeclared milk a food allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The Taco Dinner Kits are distributed by retail grocery stores in the following states:
- Kroger: Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, and Tennessee. Stores under the following names where Kroger operates are included in this recall: Kroger, Scott’s, Payless, Owen’s, Food-4-Less in Chicago, JayC, Dillons, Gerbes and Bakers.
- Food Lion: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Ohio. The Food Lion recall also includes Harveys and Reid’s.
- Winn-Dixie: Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with the Taco Dinner Kit products.
Mission Foods is recalling the following items:
- Kroger Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 crisp shells, sauce and seasoning with UPC code 0-11110-85474-2 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Winn-Dixie Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 white corn taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-21140-20569-8 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Hannaford Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-41268-17572-7 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Hannaford Hard & Soft Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 6 hard tacos and 6 soft tortillas, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-41268-17573-4 dated GA AUG 07 12.
- Food Lion Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-35826-00661-5 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Note, on April 6th Food Lion announced a recall (click here to read) of its Food Lion store brand 13.4 ounce hard/soft taco dinner – sold at Food Lion, Harveys and Reid’s grocery stores with the UPC 3582605118 and dated GA AUG 07 12, which is also part of the affected product.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that a milk containing product was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk.
Consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a refund. Consumers who have questions about the Taco Dinner Kits recall may contact Mission Foods toll-free at 1-800-600-8226, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central time.
Consumers with questions about food safety can Ask Heidi, a certified food safety professional.