Old Style Sausage and Colorado Rocky Brat Allergy Alert and Recall
|Date:||April 20, 2012|
|What:||Old Style Sausage sausage and bratwurst products
Colorado Rocky Brat bratwurst products
|Why:||Misbranding; Egg allergen not declared on the labels|
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced that Old Style Sausage, a Denver, Colorado establishment, is recalling approximately 3,000 pounds of sausage products because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen. The sausage products contain egg a food allergen not declared on the package label.
The products subject to recall include:
- 12 lb. cases of Old Style Sausage Bratwurst German Brand Sausage
- 12 lb. cases of Colorado Rocky Brat Amber Beer Bratwurst
- 12 lb. cases of Old Style Sausage Boulder Porter Bratwurst
- 12 lb. cases of Rocky Brat 1 Colorado Rocky Bratwurst
- 12 lb. cases of Old Style Sausage Rocky Brat II Colorado Rocky Bratwurst
- 12 lb. cases of Old Style Sausage Rocky Brats III Colorado Rocky Bratwurst
- 12 lb. cases of Colorado Rocky Brat Pork & Elk Bratwurst
- 12 lb. cases of Colorado Rocky Brat Pork & Buffalo Bratwurst
The products do not have a packaging date or code but may bear a label with the establishment number "EST. 8126" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The sausages, produced prior to April 18, 2012, were distributed to restaurants in Colorado.
The problem was discovered during a routine food safety assessment and may have occurred as a result of a change in ingredient formulation.
FSIS and the company have not received reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of the products sold by Old Style Sausage. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a health care provider.
Consumers with questions about the recall should contact the company's Owner, Michael Deborski, at (303) 666-8240.
Consumers with questions about food safety can Ask Heidi, a certified food safety professional.